|Metaverse Reality Check (MRC)
|Conduct critical research for MRC and its initiatives.
|Program Lead: Kristina Podnar
Metaverse Reality Check (MRC) – A global oversight board for and by citizens!
The MRC is the first global mechanism to advise regulators, help governing entities, support individuals and hold big technology corporations accountable for creating a metaverse that is safe for citizens and for society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead advocacy construction research, identifying and targeting an audience.
- Curate government and regulatory efforts to define privacy, safety, inclusion, digital rights and accessibility in Metaverse-related technologies and prioritize MRC’s vision.
- Track relevant research, patents and technologies.
- Research for public advisory, political advisory and RFI related content for use in policy frameworks.
- Gather necessary intel, brainstorm new ideas and propose policy solutions to identify any political shortcomings.
- Provide a regular progress report to the Program Lead.
- Lead the volunteer research wing.
- Ensure consistency and quality of work with industry best practices and principles.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager to develop Community Engagement Strategy, including online or in person events.
- Amplify community voices on relevant issues around privacy, safety, inclusion, digital rights and accessibility in Metaverse-related technologies.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
You should represent the organization with professionalism, have aligned values, and enjoy building and nurturing relationships. You should promote XRSI’s vision to help build safe and inclusive immersive experiences and environments and adhere to its mission to inspire and catalyze the safe use of extended reality (XR).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility and ethics
- Solid understanding of the current techno-political landscape
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Proactive and intrinsically motivated.
- Trustworthy, friendly and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and softwares for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in XR domain, including XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute in various research initiatives for development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI