|Metaverse Reality Check (MRC)
|Prepare core content, documents and materials for MRC
|Program Lead: Kristina Podnar
Metaverse Reality Check (MRC) – A global oversight board for and by citizens!
The MRC is the first global mechanism to advise regulators, help governing entities, support individuals and hold big technology corporations accountable for creating a metaverse that is safe for citizens and for society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help the Program Lead build compelling and articulated responses to requests for advisory services and RFIs.
- Create effective messaging around key issues related to privacy, safety, inclusion, digital rights and accessibility in Metaverse-related technologies.
- Work with the Program Lead and Lead Writer to develop and deliver quarterly advisories on audits, achievements, and program updates, as well as final reports, RFI’s and other advisories.
- Edit advisories and other materials for spelling, grammar, style, concision, clarity, and minor errors.
- Research content to stay informed on materials you edit and ensure readability for those unfamiliar with the material content.
- Ensure consistency and quality of work with MRC best practices and principles.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
You should represent the organization with professionalism, have aligned values, and enjoy building and nurturing relationships. You should promote XRSI’s vision to help build safe and inclusive immersive experiences and environments and adhere to its mission to inspire and catalyze the safe use of extended reality (XR).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility and ethics
- Solid understanding of the current techno-political landscape
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Proactive and intrinsically motivated.
- Trustworthy, friendly and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and softwares for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in XR domain, including XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute in various research initiatives for development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI