|Volunteer Position||Metaverse Reality Check (MRC)|
|Purpose||Spearhead MRC materials design.|
|Reporting to||Program Lead: Kristina Podnar|
Metaverse Reality Check (MRC) – A global oversight board for and by citizens!
The MRC is the first global mechanism to advise regulators, help governing entities, support individuals and hold big technology corporations accountable for creating a metaverse that is safe for citizens and for society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Program Lead & Program Manager to assess priorities and present content drafts.
- Develop digestible graphics/infographics (not literature) for quick consumption.
- Select fonts, colors, shapes, designs, styles, and layouts for materials in alignment with current MRC branding.
- Review final materials for errors before publication.
- Keep up to date with design trends for potential use in MRC materials.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
You should represent the organization with professionalism, have aligned values, and enjoy building and nurturing relationships. You should promote XRSI’s vision to help build safe and inclusive immersive experiences and environments and adhere to its mission to inspire and catalyze the safe use of extended reality (XR).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility and ethics
- Familiarity with common graphic designing tools, like Photoshop, Canva, etc
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Proactive and intrinsically motivated.
- Trustworthy, friendly and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and softwares for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in XR domain, including XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute in various research initiatives for development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI