|Metaverse Reality Check (MRC)
|Oversee outreach, community engagement, and social media content creation to promote MRC’s mission and vision.
|Program Lead: Kristina Podnar
Metaverse Reality Check (MRC) – A global oversight board for and by citizens!
The MRC is the first global mechanism to advise regulators, help governing entities, support individuals and hold big technology corporations accountable for creating a metaverse that is safe for citizens and for society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build effective outreach and communication strategies on various social media platforms and media sources worldwide.
- Identify and leverage influencers and community advocates to increase awareness around key issues and obtain a greater share of social voice.
- Work closely with the Lead Researcher to build Community Engagement Strategy, including online or in person events.
- Cultivate stakeholder and community relationships with frequent engagements activities and other tactics to empower the community.
- Employ strategies that leverage MRC’s core strengths to build advocacy strategies.
- Strategize and develop campaigns through general and momentum-building initiatives.
- Leverage virtual spaces and AR/VR for events, including but not limited to a Horizon world, rec room, alternative space, Twitter Spaces, Clubhouse, and community Discord.
- Help MRC Program Lead identify priorities, strategically align his/her time with those, and revisit them regularly to assess progress and develop strategy.
- Ensure appropriate and respectful engagement on MRC’s online communities.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
You should represent the organization with professionalism, have aligned values, and enjoy building and nurturing relationships. You should promote XRSI’s vision to help build safe and inclusive immersive experiences and environment and adhere to its mission to inspire and catalyze the safe use of extended reality (XR).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility and ethics
- Solid understanding of the current techno-political landscape
- Familiarity with common advertising tools
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Proactive and intrinsically motivated.
- Trustworthy, friendly and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and softwares for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in XR domain, including XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute in various research initiatives for development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI