|Volunteer Position||Metaverse Reality Check (MRC)|
|Volunteer Position||Program Manager|
|Purpose||Manage internal programs and initiatives for MRC.|
|Reporting to||Program Lead: Kristina Podnar|
Metaverse Reality Check (MRC) – A global oversight board for and by citizens!
The MRC is the first global mechanism to advise regulators, help governing entities, support individuals and hold big technology corporations accountable for creating a metaverse that is safe for citizens and for society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reach out to parallel causes, build new partnerships and key alliances, gather community support, and build momentum for change.
- Construct high-valued, and long-term trusted relationships with advocates and associates.
- Work cohesively with the MRC team, including the Operation and Strategy Manager, Lead Researcher, Lead Writer, and Lead Editor to achieve MRC objectives and goals
- Keep records of program activities and note the success of program strategies.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
- Find and promote startup ecosystems that conform to MRC values and vision.
- Curate event-style town halls/debates and support bipartisan political discourse, enabling MRC to create traction (open to immersive AR/VR events).
- Create specific tactics, develop moments of high-profile visibility, and manage resources to achieve MRC goals.
- Gather necessary intel, brainstorm new ideas, and propose policy solutions to identify political shortcomings.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
You should represent the organization with professionalism, have aligned values, and enjoy building and nurturing relationships. You should promote XRSI’s vision to help build safe and inclusive immersive experiences and environments and adhere to its mission to inspire and catalyze the safe use of extended reality (XR).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility, and ethics
- Solid understanding of the current techno-political landscape
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Proactive and intrinsically motivated.
- Trustworthy, friendly, and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative, and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, and inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and software for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in the XR domain, including the XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute to various research initiatives for the development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research, and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI