|Volunteer Position||Child Safety Initiative (CSI)|
|Purpose||Oversee the development and completion of Child Safety Framework Development project within given constraints|
|Reporting to||Strategic Matters: Valentino Megale
Operational Matters: Bhanujeet Choudhary
Child Safety Initiative brings together thought leaders, subject matter experts, and visionaries to help build safe and inclusive experiences for children using Extended Reality (XR). Children start engaging with the internet and technology at a very young age without necessarily being aware of the risks associated with it. In the case of immersive and augmented experiences, there are external hazards and a realistic component that may not suit all child users.
We at XRSI are committed to fostering the positive elements associated with the use of Extended Reality (XR) and protecting kids from risks associated with it. We do this by conducting research, building standards, and establishing measures to keep kids safe in such worlds. We also provide guidance to empower families, teachers, and policymakers around emerging technologies to be more active and decisive in their roles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Spearhead framework development efforts.
- Identify framework development priorities and goals, develop and implement strategies to achieve them, and revisit them regularly to assess progress and modify approaches.
- Work closely with XRSI and Child Safety Initiative leads, advisers, research community, and other teams.
- Serve as a Child Safety Initiative communication leader during chapter-specific quarterly roundtables.
- The Project Manager has to work closely with the Social Media Manager and the Outreach Manager, to reach project milestones.
- Curate and execute monthly project-specific workshops.
- Validate project progress with real-world research and experts from various domains like child psychology, pediatrics, educators, policymakers, etc. and build countermeasures.
- Help build a plan to create a network of researchers across the globe to work on framework development.
- Coordinate community efforts towards framework development.
- Schedule deadlines to achieve project goals in a timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to maximize productivity and avoid burnout.
- Anticipate framework development shortfalls and develop strategy accordingly.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
- Ensure consistency and quality of work with Child Safety Initiative best practices and principles.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility and ethics
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Trustworthy, friendly and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and softwares for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in XR domain, including XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute in various research initiatives for development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI