|The CyberXR Coalition (CXR)
|Oversee the development and completion of CyberXR Immersive Standard Development project within given constraints.
|Strategic Matters: Noble Ackerson
Operational Matters: Bhanujeet Choudhary
The CyberXR Coalition is a diversity and inclusion effort by the XR Safety Initiative (XRSI). The coalition was formed in 2020 to address the global necessity of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the cybersecurity and XR domains. The main goal of the coalition is to address social and technical biases in emerging technologies that foster a sense of belonging for all. The CyberXR Coalition is uniquely positioned as the leading global entity to create better representation and decrease barriers of entry for historically marginalized populations. The coalition launched the first novel Immersive Technology Standards for Accessibility, Ethics, Inclusion & Safety in 2021 and plans to iterate the standard in 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify priorities and goals, develop and implement strategies to achieve them, and revisit them regularly to assess progress and modify approaches.
- Work closely with XRSI and CyberXR leads, advisers, research community, and other teams.
- The Project Manager has to work closely with the Social Media Manager and the Outreach Manager, to reach project milestones.
- Schedule deadlines to achieve project goals in a timely manner.
- Ensure necessary project resources are available to advance progress.
- Make effective decisions when presented with difficult options.
- Anticipate project shortfalls and develop strategy accordingly.
- Provide a regular project overview and progress report to the Program Leads (Kristina Podnar & Noble Ackerson).
- Ensure consistency and quality of work with CyberXR best practices and principles.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
- Provide general communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal and external communications, and presentations.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as required to carry out the role effectively.
Represent the organization with professionalism, ethics, and enjoy building and nurturing relationships. Promote XRSI’s vision to help build safe and inclusive immersive experiences and environment and adhere to its mission to inspire and catalyze the safe use of extended reality (XR).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Interest in issues of online privacy, safety, inclusion, accessibility and ethics
- Be confident speaking to new people
Skills & Competencies
- Trustworthy, friendly and approachable
- Ability to connect with new people and groups across a range of demographics
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and strong communication skills
- Must enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety, privacy, inclusivity of citizens in the Metaverse
- Learn about the XR domain and its intersection with various technologies, including conferences, events, and research
- Learning to use online platforms and softwares for productivity and program management used by XRSI and other similar industries
- Interacting with professionals and experienced individuals in XR domain, including XRSI team to Advisors and Volunteers
- Opportunities to contribute in various research initiatives for development of frameworks and standards
- Access to internal resources, research and knowledge base
- Free access to future certifications by XRSI